- Description: This project required me to scan an image of my choice from a magazine and create a design using the pictures I scanned for creative poster promoting a fictitious event or charity. I choose golf because It’s spring time and I’ve been itching to get out and play a round of golf, but since learning takes priority I’ll just make the best with what I have.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): In this scenario we were limited to Microsoft Word. I feel giving yourself limitation can only enhance your creativity. We emphasized color in this project choosing a color scheme and implementing it into our design.
- Message: What a better way to justify spending $25 dollars on a round of golf than helping those less fortunate than ourselves? My Idea was to have golf scramble and that all the money would be donated to the blind and visually impaired.
- Audience: My target audience are those who enjoy playing golf and have been effected one way or another by the loss of sight, whether in their own family or a close friend.
- Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic – Red
- Top Thing Learned: This doesn’t pertain so much to design as it does the program and printing, but I thought it was cool that you could set your margins when printing by going to file > page setup > manage custom sizes, and set your margins to zero allowing the printer to control how close it could print to the edge instead of the computer or program.
- Title Font Name & Category: Arial Black, San Serif
- Copy Font Name & Category: Cambria, Oldstyle
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used:
- Golf Magazine (Library)
- 8.5 x 11
- Library, 1st floor
This is a flier made for my visual design class to aimed at soon to be college graduates inviting them to come to a graduate conference.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills):
This flier was made in Adobe Indesign and required me to use my newly learned knowledge of design.
The central message and call to action in this flier is to get juniors and seniors to attend this graduate leadership conference
The target of audience of this flier are the juniors and senior who are graduating and looking to launch their careers.
- Top Thing Learned:
I have used Indesign previously but learned quickly how to turn guides on and off. I also learned the keyboard shortcuts for sending layers backwards and bringing them forwards. I learned how to adjust the image quality on images that have been placed and linked into the documents.
- Title Font Name & Category:
DTL Documenta Sans T (Sans Serif)
- Copy Font Name & Category:
- Links to images used in this project: